Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

My team Logo

Achilles Based greek hero.



Achilles was identified as human and demi-powers who was a warrior and Prince of Phthia. He was the son of King Peleus of Phthia. Achilles fought in a 10 year Trojan war and came out one of the successful heroes to be remembered. He symbolizes a very brave, courageous, discipline, strong, and stand up for what is right.  He showed strength, stamina and he was stronger and faster than any warrior. He wore a soldier uniform which includes a hat like a mohawk style, has a sparrow, and hand protected metal body shield. He also had a long blonde hair.


About my Cricket Club.


My cricket club is based in Broome or Darwin in Australia. I am currently still choosing which city I can promote and begin a cricket club name and logo.










Thumbnails of logos


Three logo concepts chosen

1- Broome Redhats 
I called my team Broome Redhats. My greek hero character wore a red soldier hat that's why I've chosen the name. 




2- Darwin Redhats 


Darwin redhats also another cricket club logo I've chosen based in Darwin, Australia. 

3- Darwin Shields 


Darwin shields is another cricket club logo I've chosen. My greek hero Achilles used a protective shield. 





1 comment:

  1. Hey Mena,
    Sorry for commenting so late, I just went on your blog to double check the comment I left the other day had sent and it hadn't!

    After reading your blog, its evident that you have a clear understanding of Achilles, and you've applied that well to your three concepts.

    The strongest piece, in my opinion would be the first one, the illustration is graphic and minimal and could easily be applied to a range of mediums, such as uniforms or cricket bats, you havent over complicated it.
    You've integrated the two worlds with having the soldier hat cutting through the cricket ball. With simple colour choices and bold type, the design could come across very sleek.

    If you were to develop a secondary concept, I would go back into your initial sketches, and trial the ones that incorporated the wickets. I think that design has a lot of potential.

    I look forward to seeing how it turns out in the end :)

    ReplyDelete